IMASS Instant Hot Water Heater for Caravan, Campervan or Motorhome
- In stock & sent on a next working day carrier!
- 0.11 KGS
IMASS Instant Hot Water Heater for Caravan, Campervan or Motorhome.
The IMASS mobile instantaneous water heater for campervan, caravan or motorhome, is the latest innovation and CE approved.
The IMASS guarantees an instant and unlimited supply of hot water in Caravans, Motorhomes, Campervans and Horseboxes, without any preheating.
Comfort that you normally only enjoy at home is now also available in your Campervan or Caravan.
As there is always enough water available, it does not matter how many people want to take a shower or how long they intend to use it.
This water heater can also be used for outdoor showers or for your children's paddling pool, no problem. If you like, you can also wash your caravan or campervan with the hot water from this heater.
- Water heater with flow-type technique
- Highly efficient, brushless exhaust blower
- No corrosion problems or Legionella bacteria
- Selection of the water temperature (35-60C) via remote control
- High efficient copper heat exchanger with an efficiency up to 92 %
- The water heater starts and stops automatically by sensing the water flow
- Low weight because there is no tank
- The burner power is continuously adjusted by a modulating valve and aµ-Processor control
- Up to 60% less gas consumption than regular tank models. Besides, no tank means no loss of heat and during the night, there is absolutely no noise
- Maximum Burner Output 10Kw
- Minimum Burner Power 5Kw
- Gas Consumption at full load 765g/h
- Gas Pressure 30Mb
- Type of gas Propane/Butane
- Digitally Adjustable Water temperature 35-60 Degrees
- Typical Flow Rate 5lpm
- Supply Voltage 10.5-15v DC
- Current Consumption at 12v 0.44 amps per hour
- Dimensions 320mm x 320mm x 320mm
- Maximum Water Pressure 5 BAR
It does what it says in the description very well with a few important considerations for buyers.
1) The intake louvers may stop rain entering but not spray from the road or a jet wash. There are no drain holes so once in it stays in. Not caused me a problem yet but i'll take care washing the van and block the louvers. It leaves a small amount of concern. Just doesn't seem well thought out.
2) It's like inserting a block of ice through the side of your vehicle. Requires good insulation around the box that penetrates the interior space. Fortunately that is easily rectified.
3) It's like a block of ice.....so water in the system WILL freeze at sub zero temps. There is a difficult to get to drain tap and tube emptying water down the side of the vehicle but it's a pain. Easy to forget in temperate climates like the UK where it can also be easy to get caught out. Hard to know when it will drop below zero some nights. Expensive piece of kit. Do you risk it? For winter sports people it gets worse as it can be sub zero all day for many days (hopefully). So that means draining it after every use if it is going to be left any amount of time. I've made an external cover out of Recticel and magnets. Time will tell if it works.
For the intermittent RV type user that doesn't venture out in sub zero temps it's a really great piece of kit.
For the winter sport user or full time van lifer wintering in temps that drop below zero I think it is a fail, hence why it only gets three stars from me.
Conclusion; horses for courses. If iMASS added a frost protection feature that used an internal temp sensor to fire up the burner briefly when the internal temp of the heater fell below zero that would be a very nice thing indeed.