Propex Malaga 5E Electric LPG Gas Water Storage Heater (Updated 4E)
- Propex Malaga 5E Electric LPG Heater is sent via next working day carrier.
- 0.10 KGS
- Shipping (T&Cs Apply):
Frequently Bought Together
To add any of these items to your order, just tick any of the boxes below.
Propex Malaga 5E Water Heater
Gas and Electric Water Heater
A high capacity water storage heater, the Propex Malaga 5 Water Heater is available either as a powerful, standard gas heater or is included with the added advantage of a 750 watt electric heating element (The Malaga E). Whichever version of the Propex Malaga 5 Water Heater you decide upon, you're guaranteed a product with a fast and efficient supply of hot water (so showering in tour vans or caravans will be a breeze).
This Propex Water Heater is also suitable for installation in boats used exclusively on Inland Waterways (i.e Class 1 and 2) so long as they're mounted in a suitable position. As the Malaga 5 Water Heater is also a room sealed appliance, it conforms to Boat Safety Requirements.
A Water Heater with Micro-Processor Controller Electronics
For accurate digital control of the safety functions and heater operations, the Malaga 5 Water Heater is equipped with the latest Propex electronics to provide you with complete ease of management. With a switch panel that features a 3 position switch with which to select power options (i.e gas only, gas and 230v etc.) and an LED that can indicate when the gas burner is operating as well as highlighting fault conditions, the Propex Malaga 5 Water Heater provides optimal usability and control.
Propex Malaga 5E Electric LPG Gas Water Storage Heater features:
- Large capacity (13L) for longer showering and washing facilities
- Efficient gas burner for a faster warm up
- Heat up time from 15 to 70°C: 28 mins using gas + electric, 43 mins using gas only, and 64 mins using electric only
- 750W element (on Malaga E) can be used alone or with gas burner for quicker hot water
- Small flue terminal for outwardly neat appearance
- Reassuringly safe to use (combustion products completely sealed from caravan interior)
- All controls accessible at the rear of the unit for easy installation and maintenance
- Electronic control for quick and easy burner supervision and usage
- Automatic overheat cut out (with reset capability)
- Compact size providing more space to route pipe work and ducting where needed
- 12mm Water Connections
- 8mm Gas Connections
Water Supply & Installation Requirements:
- The heater will operate satisfactorily on either a system where the pump is controlled by the tap micro switches or one controlled by a pressure switch.
- It must not be connected to a mains water supply.
- Water connections can be provided to suit a range of standard fittings.
- Reinforced or semi rigid pipe must be used.
- Heater should be floor mounted (or suitably supported) as normal in the bed box
- Flue terminal position shouldn’t be closer than 300mm below an opening window or 600mm from a vertical corner
- Clearances required for installation and servicing are as seen from inside the caravan
- Maximum water pressure 28 PSI (2 Bar) This is not suitable for 30 PSI pumps.
Adapter Plate - please note the adapter plate is only required when changing from a Carver boiler. If you are installing the unit as new, you will not require it. If you are unsure, please call our technical advice line on 0151 334 0222 and select option 2.
- Weight (Empty):
- 9.3 Kg
- Runs on:
- 13 Litres
- Overall Dimensions:
- H250mm x W285mm x D520mm
- Water Temperature:
- 70 °C
- Overheat Thermostat Setting:
- 90 °C
- Pressure Relief Valve Settings:
- 3 bar
- Maximum Working Pressure:
- 2 bar
- Maximum Working Supply Pressure:
- 1.9 bar
- Mains Electricity Supply (Malaga 5E only):
- 220/240vAC 50Hz Fused 5A
- Gas Supply:
- Heat Input:
- 1.15kw / 84g/h
- Pressure Settings:
- Propane - 37mbar; Butane - 28mbar; Mixtures - 30mbar
- Bray 960/40
- Electrical Supply:
- 12v DC
Nice unit, with caveats
All is built in. All means all - this unit does not need an external non-return valve and an external drain valve.
That would have been nice, but comes with caveats.
The drain is off the pressure relief valve which is identical to the ones used on an European mains boiler.
1. This means that you need to have access to it.
2. It is not designed to fit a pipe. It is possible, but difficult.
3. Hence, you need to choose a position where you can drill a suitable size hole under the valve position to drain off the water.That is not in the installation instructions.
On the positive side, the fact that it does not need an external drain valve and a NRV simplifies the connections quite a bit.
nice looking unit
fast delivery and well packed did not get it hooked up yet but yes great service and friendly and helpful staff