Truma Ultrastore BGE 10 Gas & Electric Caravan 10 Litre Water Heater Kit
- The Truma Ultrastore BGE 10 Gas & Electric boiler is sent on a next working day delivery!
- 0.10 KGS
Truma Ultrastore BGE 10 Gas & Electric Caravan 10 Litre Water Heater
A quick and easy solution for providing luxuriously warm water whilst you’re out enjoying holidays in your caravan, campervan or motorhome, the Truma Ultrastore BGE 10 Gas & Electric Caravan 10L Water Heater heats up water fast and also comes with a handy control switch so that you can easily adjust water temperature to your ideal temperature.
Truma Ultrastore Gas & Electric Caravan Water Heater features
- Capacity: 10 Litres
- Short water heating times
- Water temperature range: 30°c to 70°c
- Stainless steel water tank
- Powerful 1500w gas heater
- Economical use of space
- Low consumption of gas
- Optional Cowl Extension Kit (Click Here)
- Complete independence whilst on the move
- Electric Heating Element is switchable between 850 Watts and 1300 Watts.
- Please note that the reciprocal connector for mains power is not included, and the existing connector must be removed to wire manually. This does not affect the warranty.
- This heater now comes with John Guest fittings. (And it's also black, not blue)
Truma Ultrastore Gas & Electric Heater Operation Times:
For 10L water tank
- Gas only operation approx. 31min
- Electrical only operation approx. 29min
- Gas and Electric operation simultaneously approx. 16min
- Gas consumption:
- 120 g/h
- Electric Output:
- 850 W / 1300 W
- Gas Output:
- 1500 W
- Current consumption:
- Heating up:
- Water Pressure:
- up to 2.8 bar
- Weight (without water) 10L:
- Dimensions (L x W x H):
- 35 x 35 x 26 cm
- Max. temperature:
- 70° C
- Flue Length (to exterior):
- 35mm (85mm with extension)
Very quick delivery. Used to replace an earlier version but quite straightforward. New gas control fits as direct replacement for old, same loom, one new hole required for extra electric control and needed a couple of junction boxes to connect the wiring. Mine came with both installation and operating manuals so no problems.
After 20 years regular use in an Autotrail Chieftain the old one started to leak and was erratic and inefficient for raising the water temperature. So bit the bullet and bought this kit. It has an extra controller for power and two power settings for the electric setting. No variable setting as before for gas, but two heat settings, 50⁰ and 70⁰. There wasn't an installation manual, just a user one. Therefore identifying some components was a little awkward. There is no obvious way of connecting the main power without cutting off the plug provided (It looks like a PC internal power supply three pin plug) also there is a small copper tube with a knurled end, which truma tell me is a strengthening support for the copper gas tube at the connection end. Well as a straight swap it was a doddle. Took out the old one, needed a couple of jguest converters for pipe size, my van uses bigger diameter pipes than the newer vans, but after a bit of head scratching it was straight forward. The gas pipe was in the same place. I cut the power plug off and connected it to the old isolator. The old wiring for gas was exactly the same so no need to reroute, just used the old wiring. The new power switch was easily routed to near the gas switch. The two new switches have fitted neatly after cutting two circular holes in the instrument pillar, which means I can now use the space for the old gas controller as a power socket. A clean up of the old flue area and some new sikoflex the supplied flue and cowl fitted perfectly. Now we have a 21st century hot water system in our 20 yr old Chieftain. Its very hot, and plenty for two to shower. Haven't had to use both power sources at the same time, where as we did before. I'm well pleased.
Replaced original unit with this one, as this is slightly upgraded in that it has two elements it’s much better and quicker in heating. All original wires fitted and only required one new hole to be cut to allow that extra electric controller, nice easy replacement